John Balaes is an associate at the New York office of Haug Partners, where he focuses his practice on intellectual property litigation, licensing, and enforcement. Inspired by new ideas and innovation, John has primarily worked on pharmaceutical, corporate, and technology matters. In addition, Mr. Balaes has experience in patent prosecution and with inter partes review proceedings before the United States Patent and Trademark Office. He received his J.D. from Cornell Law School with a concentration in business law and regulation, and served as an editor on Cornell’s International Law Journal.
- Herstoff, Jonathan, and John Balaes. “Supreme Court Clarifies Patent-Exhaustion Doctrine.” Haug Partners LLP, Haug Partners LLP, 30 May 2017, www.haugpartners.com/article/summary-impression-prods-inc-v-lexmark-intl-inc/.
- Rutgers University, (B.A., Chemistry, 2012)
- Cornell Law School, (J.D., 2016)
- Registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- District of New Jersey
- New York State
- New Jersey State Court
- New York Intellectual Property Law Association